10 Things You Probably Don't Know About Me
1. I love vinegary and spicy foods. And if those two tastes are together, I am SOLD. As expected, hot sauce and spicy pickles are my jam.
2. When I was in my sophomore year of high school, many moons ago, I read one whole novel every. single. day. I made friends with the library instructors, checked out books between classes, and would devour one whole mid-sized novel per night. It may make it seem like I had no friends [I did], or make it obvious that I had no extracurricular activities [I guess I didn't], but I don't regret it now one bit! The streak only lasted about one school year, but I can still remember a few of the books that I read - Winds of War, The Bell Jar, Mr. and Mrs. Bo Jo Jones, Julia, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, a couple of crime novels and lots of books by Lori Wick.
3. I am a self-proclaimed expert in Myers Briggs Type Indicators. I'm an INFJ, in case you were curious - the rarest of personality types. You can find what your type indicator is by taking this online test. [I would LOVE to know yours! Leave it in the comments, if you are so inclined] This will probably be a topic I will blog about in the future!
4. I love to sneak a peek [or thoroughly tour] inside of people's homes. Basically I am a certified creeper, but I view it as just being curious! I'm that one that when we stop at a stop sign at night in front of a house, and the shades are up and the lights are on - I'm so looking! My husband says that makes me weird, but I can't be the only one! I don't judge people based up on their living quarters - I definitely would not want to be judged upon mine. But I do love to see how other people live, what their style is, how they use their space. I find it very interesting!
5. My spirit animals: Eleanor Roosevelt, Fred Rogers [Yes, from Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood], and Joanna Gaines. Graceful, innovators in the humanities, lovers of art and style, proponents of individuality, making people feel special and encouraging self-actualization and seeking to show others their undeniable potential. Yes, yes, YES!
6. I can be easily swayed into conspiracy theories. Did we go really go to the moon...? Still not completely convinced.
7. My favorite color depends on what object we are speaking of. My favorite room/house color is gray. My favorite color to wear is black. My favorite car color is navy blue. My favorite eye shadows are brown. This list could go on and on. Just know, I could never just pick ONE COLOR for everything! I would never be satisfied.
8. I have generalized anxiety and depression. Part of me never wants to share that information outside of my close circle of friends and family, part of me knows that transparency is the only way that mental illness will ever be fully acceptable in society. So, I am attempting to become more open about sharing this about myself. It's been a long road to learn that these issues I struggle with DO NOT have to define me. I will write about my anxiety journey in the future!
9. I can't keep a plant a live, no matter how hard I try. I've killed every plant I've ever loved. It's a sad fact. I'm getting ready to start a small vegetable planter for this summer and I'm legit scared for the plants.
10. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Yes, I'm 30. Yes I have had an amazing career so far. But I'm still in the background searching for that call, that passion, that undeniable thing that simultaneously makes a difference in the world and fills my heart with joy. What form will it come in? Will it lead me to live by the ocean? :) I'm not sure, I guess time will tell. Although sometimes frustrating, it's often exciting to think that God might have even better plans for me yet!
But let's stop talking about me - I would love for you to share some fun facts about yourself! Let me know some tidbits below!