30 Helpful Inspirations & Truths
Life is hard.
The ebb and flow of happiness and sadness, thankfulness and discontentment, love and disdain - I've often heard it compared to a roller coaster, which makes perfect sense. The up and downs are acutely evident to us all.
However, I often like to think of life as a long mountain hike. I want the view at the top. I want to enjoy the beauty of nature and the company of other hikers. At first, I'm are excited about the journey and joyfully pace upwards. But the climbing and the trudging gets so freaking exhausting, that I start to wonder whether the hike is even worth it or not. I may rest a little while, and regain my strength, and start to feel like it'll be no problem to make it the rest of the way. But as I hit more rocky terrain, and start to stumble over my own foot steps, my energy depletes and I once again wonder.....why? Over and over this cycle continues, and really all I have to hold on to is the promise of the view at the top.
That's obviously a much more complicated way to look at life, but that's really who I am. Supremely complicated, as I've often been told.
Sometimes it helps when we encounter a little perspective for the trip. That is what I want to do for you today - share with you today some sayings, quotes, Bible verses and truths that have impacted me over the years. Also, I pray this gives you pause to reflect on your journey, and fully realize the implications of how your journey on the other hikers around you.
I won't expound on each one, because I want to you to be able to read these and reflect on them, and apply them. Hopefully one or all will speak to you, too.
1. Life is always better when you are laughing.
2. Every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you will never get back.
3. Sometimes it is better to be kind than to be right.
4. To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you. - C.S. Lewis
5. Being negative only makes a journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it. - Joyce Meyer
6. No matter who your boss is, you are really working for God.
7. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. - Matthew 6:21
8. When things are bad, remember: it won't always be this way. Take one day at a time. When things are good, remember: it won't always be this way. Enjoy every great moment.
9. Because of the Lord's faithful love we do not perish, for His mercies never end. They are new everything morning; great is Your faithfulness - Lamentations 3:22-23
10. How you make others feel about themselves says a lot about you.
11. Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day.
12. You had the power all along, my dear - Glinda, the Good Witch
13. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent - Eleanor Roosevelt
14. You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches. - Dita Von Teese
15. Do everything with so much love in your heart that you would never want to do it any other way.
16. Don't let idiots ruin your day.
17. Stop setting yourself on fire for someone who stays to watch you burn.
18. Do what you can with what you have, where you are - Theodore Roosevelt
19. There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind - C.S. Lewis
20. People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou
21. So many people are shut up tight inside themselves like boxes, yet they would open up, unfolding quite wonderfully - if only you were interested in them. - Sylvia Plath
22. Be the kind of person you want to meet.
23. It's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring - Marilyn Monroe
24. How cool is it that the same God, who created mountains and oceans and galaxies, looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too? - Francis Chan
25. If you are more fortunate than others, build a longer table, not a taller fence.
26. When we love a person, we accept him or her exactly as is: the lovely with the unlovely, the strong along with the fearful, the true mixed in with the facade, and, of course, the only way we can do it is by accepting ourselves that way. - Fred Rogers
27. Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter. - Francis Chan
28. I'd rather make an impact on your heart than on your eyes.
29. The most attractive thing about you should have less to do with your face or body and more to do with your heart and how you treat people.
30. Some old-fashioned things, like fresh air and sunshine, are hard to beat. - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Feeling inspired yet? Hopefully one of these have touched your heart in some way today!
This the last piece of life advice today, from yours truly: make sure the path you're hiking is the correct one, the one you're meant for. We all deserve to enjoy the view when we reach it.
Need more inspiration and truths? Follow my Pinterest board!